Friday, February 5, 2010

It's Nothing.... Really!

Well i honestly do not have a bunch of cool things to post today! it was another UN-eventful Friday! with an emphasis on 'UN'.. as you see i have already done!
well, lets get down to business! because i doubt anyone would like to read about how un-eventful a particular day is.. i know i wouldn't! sooo where to start..

First i would like to mention that I am writing an essay in my English class and i have to pick ONE of the following topics..

-No Man is an Island (meaning we are all connected somehow)
-A Man IS an Island
-Death SHOULD be feared
-Death should NOT be feared


the essay is an argumentative essay, so i cannot force my own opinions on the reader, but i have to be argumentative and state facts about why i wrote on the specific topic!
I wont tell you which one i chose just yet, i would like to hear what YOU might pick, or maybe your thoughts on the topic! Let me know! i would greatly appreciate it!

Another thing i want to mention before i forget is that my Japan dates have finally been set in stone! Right now it looks like May 24th through June 28th! i will be leaving 4 days after i graduate! I am super stoked about that, but it still seems so far away! I will be sending out some support letters here in the near future! so i will keep you all posted about that!

And again, if i forgot to mention it recently, the WHOLE reason i started this blog was so that people interested in my Japan trip can keep up to date with what i will be doing! so i will TRY to update this daily while i am there! However, until then.. i just like blabbing on and on each day!

I want to start a new tradition for my blog... it will be called

"the song of the blog"

simply meaning that, each time i post a blog i will chose a song that either i am currently listening too, or one that i REALLY like at the moment.. or it could be just one i am thinking about!

so this days song of the blog is none other then "Who I Am"- by Nick Jonas and the Administration..
No joke! he sounds Way good by himself! he is like a young John Mayer! and i like it!

well anyways... this is all i have to say for today! i am sorry for boring you!

until next time! i am outa here!

Peace and Love...

-Rynø-


4 comments:

The Norman Clan said...

I like no man is an island... :-)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

This is a great post, Ryno...not boring at all!

First, I would pick "No man is an island" for the essay. And it's funny because I just popped over here to leave you a link to Jason Mraz's blog: http://freshnessfactorfivethousand.blogspot.com/
I think you would enjoy his writings, and he talks a LOT about how we are all connected. Cool timing.

Exciting news about your Japan trip. Make sure we get a support letter sent to us this time, k?

And you could put a music thingy on your blog so that your current song plays when your blog is opened. :o)

Love you, Ryno!

Unknown said...

Nick Jonas and the Administation?! I'll have to check him out. I love that you like all types of music and will at least give everyone a try. So cool about Japan - I'm jealous! And definitely check out Jason Mraz's blog. :)

Jodi said...

Hey, Ryno... I agree with your other posters -- No Man Is an Island is the way to go. Why would I choose that? Because I'm LAZY, and that is - by far - the easiest to argue. It's the easiest to prove. You can pick one event and follow how it affects different people in different ways... and how those effects trickle down to affect others, etc... Trying to argue that we ARE islands unto ourselves would be a much more difficult task. I'm sure it could be done, but probably not as well. And the stuff about death... that's such a belief centered argument that it would be more difficult, too.

I'm excited to follow your Japan blogging. I hope you'll post the link on facebook from time to time so that I will remember to check it. I'm kind of brain-dead sometimes, and I will forget if it's not right in front of me. Too much going on, I guess.

I would love to be able to comment on your music, but I've never even heard of it. So I'm best off to leave that one alone.

Oh - and once you're finished with your essay, you should post that for us all to read!! That would be really fun... for me, anyway. :)

Post a Comment